2021 General Meeting41st VIRTUAL Biennial Meeting – March 1 - March 4, 2021
41st Biennial Meeting – Partnership & Innovation: The Key to Success
Virtual Meeting – March 1 – March 4, 2021
(The meeting will be taking place in CENTRAL STANDARD TIME)
Click on the count down to register. Registration will be open until March 1st.
Partnership and Innovation: The Key to SuccessAbbreviated Schedule*
*Central Standard Time
*Section A – Agriculture – General
*Section B – Biotech – Physiology, Genetics and Plant Pests
*Section C – Processing / Factory Operations
View Past Meeting Events
Thank you to the following companies for their sponsorship:
Syngenta Seeds, Inc. – Dessert Table at President’s Reception
SESVanderHave – Refreshment Breaks
Betaseed, Inc. – Wine at the Awards Banquet
MCAG – Wednesday Evening Reception
Monsanto – Two Drinks for President’s Reception
Uploading Video Presentations
Video Presentations will be uploaded to dropbox. The due date for video presentations to be uploaded to DropBox is Monday, February 15.
The link for the Dropbox is as follows:
Please save your presentation with your presenting date, time, and last name in the title. For example: Mar3-910Bloomquist. We have been made aware that certain organizations cannot utilize Dropbox, and if that is the case with your organization, please let your Chairman know and we will work out other arrangements to upload your video presentation. Please see the Link to “How to” directions for recording your presentation.
Recorded video specifications:
4GB maximum size, 1920x1080p resolution, 30fps, file type MOV or MP4 (preferred), codec H.264
To download detailed instructions on how to record your presentations, click here.
- Each presenter will have up to 19 minutes for their presentation. If you do not fill all 19 minutes, we will run a photo slide show and music to fill the time. Please use this time for Q&A in the chat box.
- During your video presentation timeslot, you will need to be available and on-line to answer any questions regarding your presentation that are typed into the chat room during your video presentation.
- The presenter will need to introduce themselves in the first 30 seconds – 1 minute of their presentation.
- The Presenter is responsible during and after their presentation to check their presentation chat box to answer questions throughout the meeting.
- Chat Box feature will turn off on Thursday after the meeting. The email that was provided for presentation contact will be the email posted on the presentation page.
If you have a technical question or any issues submitting your presentation, please contact the ASSBT office – 303.832.4460
The ASSBT Board of Directors met in March 2020 to begin planning this meeting. Final arrangements are being made for an interesting General Session. An excellent Program Committee has been appointed, who have developed a strong program with attention to current topics of importance to our industry. The Committee consists of:
General Program Chairperson: Mike Metzger – Minn-Dak Farmers’ Cooperative Email: [email protected]
General Program Co-Chairperson: Jay Anderson– Lantic, Inc Email: [email protected]
Agronomy Program Chairperson: Mark Bloomquist Email: [email protected]
Genetics and Plant Pests Program Chairperson: Ashok Chanda – University fo Minnesota Email: [email protected]
Operations Program Chairperson: Ryan Wall – Crystal Sugar Company Email: [email protected]
Poster Program Chairperson: Oliver Neher – Amalgamated Sugar Company Email: [email protected]
American Society of Beet Sugar Technologists
The objectives of the American Society of Sugar Beet Technologist (ASSBT) are to foster all phases of sugarbeet and beet sugar research, to promote the dissemination of resultant scientific knowledge, to strive to maintain high standards of ethics, and to cooperate with other organizations having objectives beneficial to the beet sugar industry.